Monday, December 20, 2010

Playing Dress Up! Week 16!

This week, I didn't feel like I looked my best, but I always put my appearance in the back seat during the week.  See, I believe that school is a place where you learn, get good grades, and get out of there as soon as senior comes around.  It's funny how many see it as an opportunity to show off their new clothes, and wear all this make-up. . .but for what?  No matter how cool your clothes look, or how cute you look in make-up, that  doesn't contribute to your graduation.  Yeah you might be voted the prettiest smile, or most conceited, but colleges are not interested in popularity contests!
On the weekend though is when I turn it on, and I wear my nice clothes and do my hair the way I want to!  But you don't know how happy I was when Friday came because that means Christmas Break!  I had an epiphany though: when I go back to school in 2011, I will only be months away from prom and graduating from high school!  It's just like yesterday I was just starting my senior year, but now it's about time that I start shopping for prom dresses and asking SG, BGF, or Mr. Revolution to prom!  Most likely, I'm going to ask BGF, but I want to make sure our prom is going to be good because our school is not letting us do too much for making money this year, which isn't fair!  But I have hope that it will end out good because the seniors last year were complaining about this same thing, but their prom turned out to be awesome.
Last Friday, I got an email from Ohio State telling me that they have received my application, which means that I have a ten to twelve week wait, and this school is my first choice school.  And I feel that I will get in because you know how you got that feeling that you can see the future with something, and then that something begins to pop up everywhere?  Like when I was talking to donkey, I was trying my hardest to see a future with him, but I just couldn't see it, and now we have no future because he's a donkey.  With Ohio State, the day I got the conformation email, I happened to be looking at their men's basketball schedule.  Then the same day that a graduating senior from last year came to talk about Ohio State, I got an email about my password and stuff to check my application status.  Then I keep seeing Ohio State stuff everywhere I turn, which gives me a good feeling that it was meant to be, but I don't want to jinx myself.
We had an NAACP meeting yesterday and I was eager for my friend to meet Donkey after I kept dogging him for what he did to me, and I was surprised that this meeting went really well.  I think now because I actually have a friend in the meetings with me, I feel a lot more comfortable, and it seems like I'm almost beginning to like this youth council.  and I said, "ALMOST", but the best moment about this week was just a couple of hours ago when I was in my room trying on the new clothes I bought from the  mall the other weekend, and they made me look so cute!  I was also listening to Chrisette Michele while I got dressed and nothing could stop me!  Even though during the week I have some kind of doubt about the beauty of my body type, which is thick, and as soon as I put on some nice clothes, I feel so much better about myself, and I encourage all my sistahs out there to follow suit!  Whenever you're beginning to feel low about your body, play dress up in some flattering clothes while listening to some Chrisette Michele, Jill Scott, Corinne Bailey Rae, and Laura Izibor then you shall see the light!

No comments:

Post a Comment