Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Spoken Word Trilogy: Week 12!

I have no idea who this woman is or if she is good, but I thought this was the perfect picture for my spoken word themed week.  I mean, I don't think that I do as good with poetry as I do with writing stories, but I do have some pretty good poems.  Anyhow, I will get on with it already!
On Monday or Wednesday I thought about writing a trilogy chronicling my relationship with SG, but instead of calling him SG, I call him spoken word.  Why did I choose spoken word out of all the other words in the world? That's because the poem is spoken word and people use this kind of poetry to express their deep feelings about ANYTHING.  I write spoken word about everything, and it's so free!  You can rhyme if you want, or you don't have to.  You can make noises and sing.  I mean, if you haven't heard of spoken word, you better get into your life and get there fast because this is the best outlet for your emotions!  I mean, there are geniuses out there like Black Ice, and even more personal, my cousin, Mr. Revolution.  I could go all day about why you should be listening to spoken word, but I need to be getting in bed before I can't get myself out of bed in the morning!
Well, I know that I wasn't going to mention SG again, but I had the craziest dream about him about two nights ago.  See, this was the first dream that I had about him  in a while, and in the beginning of the week I was having dreams about these ignorant brothas that I don't even think about, but I was satisfied that it wasn't him.  Then Friday night, I had a dream about him and we were flirting like we didn't care about anything.  It didn't go any further than that! I promise!  Then the crazy thing about it is that, I enjoyed it.  When I woke up, deep-deep-deep-deep-deep down inside of me, I knew that I wanted to dream about him again.  Then I got angry at myself asking myself, what the hell was I doing liking him in the first place?! I didn't get an answer, so I was just mad at him when he in all reality didn't do anything to me! (In this world anyway)  Then every time I looked up, there seemed like there was always something popping up to make me think about him.  Huh! This is so wrong!  I think I need professional help, that including Oprah and Dr. Phil, shoot, maybe even Ellen.
But I'm going to keep my head up because my birthday is tomorrow, and I need to be as positive as I can as  I turn 17. I'm one year closer to becoming a woman!

So peace and love,
                                 Blackness

No comments:

Post a Comment