Sunday, March 20, 2011

Congratulations On Your Acceptance! Week 27!

The happiness I feel has almost never happened to me in my whole entire life!  I mean, I can truly tell you that I am happy beyond comprehension because finally I have an idea where I'm going to school!  So yeah, you guessed that both Miami University and Howard University got back to me, and I have made a decision to visit one of them because I want to really see what this school is about.
Anyway, early on in the week, I was really depressed because I really didn't know where I was going and I was jealous that my friend had an idea of where she was going.  Howard University hadn't updated my application status yet, well it said, "sent to committee for further consideration" and Miami University was going to make me sit and wait until March 15th at midnight.  Also, my Career and College Path Teacher gave us an essay to write about the Freedom Writers movie and it was suppose to be due on Friday, which was just overwhelming me.
Earlier in this week, I was also depressed because I felt that my mom was pressuring me to go to Bowling Green because at their school, I have till the end of the month to enroll and pick my choice of housing.  I pleaded to her that I wanted to wait a little while longer to hear from Howard University, and she got angry at me.  I mean, I know that she wants the best for  me, but the decision on where I'm going to college is going to be one of the biggest decisions of my life that I have to make on my own, and I just wouldn't feel right just settling for Bowling Green.  So I told her that I would wait for Howard and Bowling Green will definitely be a "plan B".  (Haha plan B, Bowling Green.)  So as I looked at my classmates, I felt a bit envious because some people are going to Alabama for college, even Georgia or Florida, and my mom wouldn't even let me go to Indiana!  So I would just go home and go to sleep hoping that in my dreams, I would forget all of my troubles.
March 14th was going by pretty fast, and I decided to stay up till midnight to see if I had gotten into Miami because I'd rather be let down before I go to sleep because it will give me a chance to get over it in my dreams.  So when that midnight hour finally came, I calmed myself, but to be honest, if I got in or not, I didn't think that I was going.  Then I logged into my account and read everything looking a bit confused because I didn't understand.  So, I read it from the top and I realized. . .drum roll please. . .
I was wait listed.  I couldn't believe that I had basically gotten into Miami University, but I was getting nervous because if Howard didn't accept me then my only choices would be Indiana State or Bowling Green.  Then, I told myself that Howard and Miami can't both reject me, and I'd been through enough rejection as it was!  So, I prayed as hard as I could that I wouldn't be put through anymore heart break after the Ohio State thing.
The day after I got this ruling, I remembered that there is an appeals process that I can go through, and for a second, I thought about appealing my decision for Ohio State because I knew that I would drop everything and go there.  So that day, I called O-State to see how I could go through the appeals process, and man do I regret that.  The lady, she wanted to tell me why I didn't get into their school to make sure that I didn't get the same decision twice, and from what she was telling me, I didn't have a chance in hell in getting into Ohio State from the first day that I put my application in the mail!  That's when I told myself that Ohio State and I weren't meant to be, and I made the decision that I will not even transfer there as I originally thought I would.  I was depressed, so I went to sleep.  All of a sudden, my grandmother was yelling for me to wake up because my mom was on the phone, and I wondered why.  My mom told me that I got a letter from Howard University, and I began to get scared.  Then I felt that it had to be something good because she wouldn't of woke me out my sleep otherwise.  So as she read the letter, I learned that Howard sent my application, including the crap load of things I sent them, to a committee representing my major, which is Journalism, for further consideration.  They said that most of these applicants get accepted, but the thing was, I probably wouldn't get a decision until the upcoming weeks, or late April!  I was praying that I would be accepted that I would be notified before the end of April!
From the sound of my mother on the phone, she seemed satisfied with the idea that I might get into Howard University, and I couldn't believe that I might of been able to say that "I got accepted to Howard University" or even better, "I'm going to Howard University!" So I was giddy the rest of the day!
The next day, it was great, signs that Spring was coming showed as we had about a 60 degree day, and I couldn't wait to tell my friends that I might of gotten into Howard!  Then my teacher made my load even lighter when she told the class that our Freedom Writers essay wasn't due till Monday!  You should of saw the relief on my face, it was almost like how you feel on a hot day after you jumped into the cool pool.  Then on a hunch, I decided to check my application status, as I have done everyday, to see if it might have changed in the slightest bit.  I had changed. . .another drum roll please. . .
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ACCEPTANCE, it read!  I was so excited that I yelled in the computer lab because I couldn't contain the joy within me!  I couldn't believe that I got accepted into Howard University!  Howard University! Howard University!
When I finally told my mom, she couldn't stop saying, "wow", and she went on calling as many people as she could to tell them that I had gotten accepted, and I didn't mind that!  The sun was out that day, it was warm, and it seemed that Morning Had Come!!! I had asked God and Martin [Luther King Jr] when Morning was coming and they told me that it was coming, but didn't tell me when.  I had faith that it was coming, and I didn't stop believing it for one second! Nope...I didn't.  So, I have a cousin-in-law that graduated from Howard and she was so excited to hear that I got accepted.  Since she and her husband stay right there in D.C. we are going to stay with them for one night so I can attend Accepted Student Day at Howard on April 8th.
Man, Blackness has been on a high ever since, and I can't help but to be happy because Howard has to be the best HBCU in the country!  And I got in!  Hahahahahahahahahahaha!
Morning has come!
Love,
                Blackness PEace!

No comments:

Post a Comment