Sunday, September 5, 2010

Be Successful! Week 2!

This week, I was all about doing what I had to do to be successful so that I can go to the college of my choice, and it was all thanks to a motivational video our college path teacher made us watch.  I don't know who the guy was, but he told this cool story about how if you want to be successful, you can't just want it, you have to REALLY REALLY want it to the point where you sacrifice sleep.  I personally would sacrifice to be successful, and have in the past, but we need our sleep or we're not going to be able to do anything!  Still, it's not impossible to sacrifice something else like me, I've stayed in the house while everyone else was outside having fun so that I could become this much closer to getting my book published so it can impact the community.
The thing that made me want to work harder was when I saw this video on the Ohio State website, and I have a link to it below, it was about 11 Black students that are currently going to their school.  They talk about the different stereotypes and the reason why they chose to come to a predominately white school.  The good point that all of them had was that race should never play a part in your decision.   I personally would rather go to a predominately white school only for the reason that it's more diverse than an HBCU, and I love diversity!  Every time I see an Indian person, or an Asian person, I tell myself that I live in a country where all these people are mixed together, and that makes me smile every time I think about it, even now! :-)  Now HBCUs or diverse only for that reason that you would meet so many people like you with a different state of mind.  And there is nothing wrong with going to an HBCU, but you have to look for the good ones to really get that education that will elevate you to be whoever you want to be.

Even though I'm terribly shy, and the thought of me speaking in front of a crowd of people makes me want to faint, but if I want to be able to get myself involved in the Black community, I have to get myself out of that fear.  In JROTC, the fear of me having to run the class is what's making me want to get out the class, but I'm just so tired of being scared and I've decided that if I want to get out of what people call a "shell" so that I won't have to let my fear of speaking interfere with the opportunities that I know that I will have for me in the future,  I'm going to stay in this class even though I think I'm the only one in my class doing this for the right reason.  But please click on the link below and I promise you that you will be motivated.

Love,
            Blackness

Danger:Educated Blacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment