Thursday, September 30, 2010

A New Outlook

Two Black Civil War Soldiers practicing
Today, I couldn't believe how bright I saw my future!  And I can't believe that I'm actually being optimistic like I said I was going to be!  And that can only lead to a healthier life.  But the whole thing with SG is kind of getting me saying, "fu$#! it" because he is acting so normal!  He is acting as if he does like me as much as he would any other day.  Then when I try to talk to my step dad about it, it seems like he doesn't even have an answer, or he wasn't listening to me.  But weird thing is though, I never wanted to ask him to prom more than I have today.  I guess having seen how "fun" my class can kind of be, I felt I don't have anything to worry about when we go to prom.  But I still can't dance, but thank God he can't either.  He dances as bad as BGF! LOL.
Anyhow, today I had to wear my JROTC uniform, and I look so cool in it that every chance I get to see my reflection, I take it.  Then there was this guy that 1st SRG brought in that was from John Carroll University, and his presentation was more enjoyable than those other two guys.  But I think that the best presentation was when one of the students brought their brother in, and his testimony was so REAL and he wasn't just standing there talking about all the benefits and all the money, he talked about the real stuff too.  But I am so proud to wear this uniform because I wear it for all the Blacks that served in all the major American wars, but never got the credit they deserve.  Like these guys.  So I know that I am really doing my part, and I hope that some others will take the initiative and do the same!

PEACE!
                 Love,
                              Blackness

No comments:

Post a Comment